Dear Kenton Resident
We, the Security Sub Committee, would like to take this opportunity to thank all those people who have contributed to the security fund and who continue doing so by means of monthly contributions. We would also like to give feedback on how the contributions have been spent and how effective the security efforts have been.
Expenditure has been incurred as follows:
- Placing Hi Tec guards (R130K) at the 8 entrances to Kenton during peak times and have them follow pedestrians or vehicles that come into Kenton to deter and prevent crimes;
- Routine patrols by neighbourhood watch;
- The procurement of heat seeking binoculars(R140k) which enable the patrols to see people hiding in the bush and subsequent arrest by Hi Tec and SAPS.
Since the patrols were implemented, 14 months ago, and in conjunction with the Police, Hi-Tech Security and residents, the following has been achieved:
- +/- 30 Arrests and convictions;
- Crime for December 2015-January 2016 holiday period down by 80% on previous season;
- Crime for Easter 2016 holiday period down 85% on previous year; and
- Year on Year crime down 110%
We cannot be complacent and we need to keep it up
We would therefore request that residents who opted for the once off annual payment, please make payments by no later than 24 December 2016. We thank and ask those who have contributed on a monthly basis to please continue. Those who have enjoyed the benefits but have not yet contributed are welcome to do so. Monthly donations of R150 are suggested and one off payments of any amount. Contributions between R1 500 to R20 000 have been received. Our bank details are as follows:
Standard Bank Plus Plan
Account name: “KOSRA Security Fund”
Plus Plan Account Number: 283935316
Branch Code: 051117
In addition to the aspects described above, we have added 22 new infra-red HD cameras to the network and have upgraded 15 of the older models. This initiative will be presented in a subsequent letter.
Please help keep Kenton safe - Contribute
Security sub committee
Andrew de Jager 071 136 6999
Ross Swarts 082 372 1378 / 046 648 2318