KOSRA is very sorry to see the redeployment of Mayor Phindile Faxi to Sarah Baartman Municipality.
During his short term as Mayor of Ndlambe he has:
- Ensured that a close relationship between the various ratepayer organisations has been cordial and constructive
- Maintained open communication with the ratepayer forums and reverted to them on issues he was uncertain of, with his directors’ support
- Ensured that control has been maintained on Ndlambe finances and that they are kept within Treasury guidelines
- Facilitated negotiations between 43 Air School, Public Works, and Ndlambe to find a way to commercialise the air school. This process is continuing and it is highly likely that the issues that have prevented this from happening will be resolved
- Directed infrastructural improvements, particularly roads
- Supported the development of a Community Centre in Ekuphumleni that will provide commercial opportunities for the residents
- Tackled difficult community issues such as allocating RDP houses to the needy even though consultations with Public Works and Human Settlements were often challenging.
Mr Faxi’s particular strength was his preparedness to talk to everyone in order to find a resolution. He was prepared to make difficult decisions when needed to improve the wellbeing of residents.
KOSRA wishes Phindile all the best in his new position and hopes that we are able to build on what he’s achieved with whoever is appointed Mayor in his place.
KOSRA WORKING FOR YOU!