The principles adopted by KOSRA to the numerous town-planning, building and architectural matters that present themselves within Kenton-on-Sea are as follows:
- KOSRA is not a decision-making body but is required by Ndlambe Municipality to comment on applications for departures submitted to by property owners.
- KOSRA’S objectives are to assist and guide property owners and to monitor the role of Ndlambe Municipality.
- KOSRA does not, unless in exceptional circumstances, engage in disputes between neighbours.
- KOSRA will assist the municipality in the carrying out of the functions required of it from a purely formalistic and compliance perspective by providing limited input in regard to the various legal, design and town planning requirements.
- KOSRA has the expectation that town planners, architects, designers, builders and owners will conduct themselves legally, responsibly and ethically according to the highest standards with due regard to the fellow residents and the environment.
- KOSRA only supports town-planning and building undertakings that comply with the law.
On behalf of KOSRA