Follow the R’s
Remember when there were only three R’s, reading, writing and arithmetic. Well, now there seem to be another four added to the mix.
In the quest for a ‘single-use-plastic-free-Kenton’ we would like to encourage you to follow the seven R’s:
- REDUCE – dramatically reduce the amount of waste you send to landfill. Every time you put a black PLASTIC bag out for the dustmen to collect remember that it’s going to landfill!
- REUSE – if you can. Before you throw anything away rethink! Can it be used again!
- REFILL – are you able to refill the bottle? Don’t throw it away, refill it please!
- REPAIR – don’t throw it – mend it.
- REPURPOSE – can it be used another way? Don’t dump your old wheelbarrow; plant it! Repurposing can be very creative and satisfying.
- REPLACE – replace the things you know to be bad with something else. No plastic straws, use bamboo ones.
- RECYCLE – and please recycle. Our Recycling Depot needs lots of glass and cardboard and, well, you know the list by now!
So let’s try to make Kenton ‘single-use-plastic-free’ ASAP!
KOSRA WORKING FOR YOU.