One of KOSRA’s big challenges is to get recycling in Kenton up and running again. And the good news is – we’re nearly there! We’ll keep you posted, but rest assured you won’t have to wait too long.
In the meantime, Nosipho, at the recycling depot, is desperate for your recycling. She’s a charming and helpful lady, who, with only one helper, is trying her best to keep the site going. So if you can, please make the short journey to the Bushman’s Industrial Area, to take her your recyclables.
Right, let’s be very clear as to what is recyclable in Kenton and what isn’t! PLEASE NOTE this is not a waste disposal tip it is a RECYCLING DEPOT!
- CANS CAN – both drink and food cans – paint and oil cans and catering tin foil cannot be recycled. The recyclable cans need to be washed and clean.
- CARDBOARD CAN – all cardboard boxes, especially corrugated cardboard can – make sure they’re clean and fold them down please! Milk and juice cartons are a big NO NO!
- PLASTIC CAN – bottles and bags, fruit, veg and yoghurt containers. Make sure they’re clean. Plastic milk containers, detergent bottle and crates and buckets, yeh! Absolutely NO polystyrene, black bags, PVC, that’s garden chairs, gutters and the like.
- PAPER CAN – that’s white paper and brochures and shredded paper but NOT cement bags or magazines and newspaper. So COMPOST your newspaper and give your magazines to schools or other good causes.
- GLASS CAN – that’s clean bottles and jars, without corks and lids please.
And the biggest NO NO’s of all are disposable nappies, batteries, food and electronics.
Please don’t take your recycling to Nosipho in black plastic bags as they’re not recyclable (see above). Use the biodegradable see-through bags that you can purchase at the Spar or Blue Light House or even use a cardboards box!
Thank you for your help and let’s keep recycling! It makes a world of difference and a difference to the world!
KOSRA WORKING FOR YOU.