The first round of clearing alien invaders in the Joan Muirhead Nature Reserve is complete. However, the project is now far from over as you can see from the photos. The second round of clearing is for household rubbish! Someone has been dumping in our back yard!
PLEASE help us stop illegal dumping! Whether it is household or garden waste there is a place for it.
If you’re an avid gardener then there’s no such thing as garden waste as nearly all of it can go on your compost heap. Weeds, of course, are the exception! If you have a small garden and need to dispose of leaves and clippings here’s what to do:
- A black bag of garden waste will be taken by the municipality, along with your household refuse, once a week.
- Leaves and soft cuttings can be taken to Wot Compost at River Roost.
- Branches and bigger material can be taken to the garden tip just beyond Build It in the Bushmans Industrial Area.
Please DO NOT dump garden cuttings into any reserve or public space. Invaders and exotics are being spread by this illegal dumping!
The municipality normally collects household refuse from each house once a week.
- Only put your rubbish out on collection day, otherwise it’s dispersed by dogs illegally allowed to roam the streets.
- If you’re vacating a house and it’s not rubbish collection day please DO NOT leave it outside the house. Take it to the skips just below the Municipal Offices in Kenton.
KEEP KENTON CLEAN – STOP ILLEGAL DUMPING!