Thank you to the Kenton residents who have equipment in their cars for picking up jamming activity and who warned us of the recent incidents in our area.
These jamming devices are most disturbing. They are highly mobile pieces of equipment operated by someone who is in the vicinity of your car. This prevents your car from locking when you push your remote control. It is not a permanent device installed in parking areas.
I have spoken to Justin, the Technical Manager at Netstar, Eastern Cape, who told me that they are having a spike in jamming device warnings at the moment. However, this can be prevalent in areas of greater and or freak signal activity.
This does not mean that this should not be warning to us all though! It’s far better to be safe than sorry; be vigilant and report any unusual behaviour. If you have to ask yourself the question “Should I?” you are in doubt!
Remember when in doubt, there is no doubt, REPORT IT AT ONCE.
PRECAUTIONS FOR THE FESTIVE SEASON:
- Always check that your car door is locked when you leave it unattended
- Do NOT leave valuables in your car
- Make sure your doors and windows are locked when you leave your house
- Always alarm your house when you leave or are asleep
- Use your STAY alarm when you are inside with doors open
- Keep your panic button to hand
Are you contributing your R150-00 monthly towards the KOSRA Security Fund? Come on be a team player and contribute as we are still R150 000-00 short to provide the much needed extra security for this festive season.
Security Portfolio, KOSRA