- As we are all becoming water experts, here is a schematic of the water distribution system Wards 3 & 4. The above two-dimensional plan partially illustrates a very complex three-dimensional system.
- The additional RO Plant is due to be commissioned on Saturday 14 December 2019 and should be operational on Monday.
- There is a new additional raw water storage tank due to arrive tonight. When installed (16/12) this should provide an effective buffer against supply fluctuations resulting from low tides.
- Amatola Water are working non-stop to finish this project and will not be taking holidays until it is finished.
- ESKOM ISSUES
- Every hour of load shedding prevents the production of 100 cubic metres of potable water.
- For illustrative purposed, load shedding Stage 6 looses 10 hours per day of production and Stage 4 looses 7.5 hours per day.
- Loss of water production can never be retrieved.
- The RO Plant and its pumps require 1.5 MGW. A diesel-powered equivalent costs at least 9.5 million ZAR plus approximately 90 000 litres of diesel every month to run.