Be the first to answer one of the three questions below and you can win either —
- The Birdwatchers’ prize, which is bread from the Bakery and an ‘Honest’ bar of chocolate;
- Listeners’ prize, a meal voucher with the compliments of Chris from Homewood’s;
- Bokkie watchers’ prize, a bottle of Nederburg Cuvee Brut sparkling wine with the compliments of Wildlife Watch KoS.
- Send your full name, the prize for which you are competing, plus your answer to the question for that prize to Wildlife Watch on What’s App 066 227 5670; or use the comment box on the following link: https://wildlifewatchkentononsea.home.blog/contact/.
- The answer to the Listeners’ question has been verified by Dr Sarah Davies of Stellenbosch University and the Birders’ by Tim Cockcroft who writes the birding column in Talk of the Town. In the event of doubt over the answers to the Bokkie question, the decision of a university zoologist will be sought. His or her decision will be final.
- The competition closes on 30 September 2019 at midnight.
- The date and time the email or What’s App message was sent will be used to determine which was the first correct entry.
- No one may win more than one prize. However, you may try to answer all the questions
- The winners will be announced on https://wildlifewatchkentononsea.home.blog/events/ after 30 September 2019.
- All the photographs were taken in Kenton on Sea or surrounding areas.
Question one – for birdwatchers (the bread and ‘Honest’ bar of chocolate)
Please supply the common name and the scientific name
Question two – for the listeners (a meal voucher from Homewood’s, thanks to Chris)
Please give the scientific name as common names vary and are unreliable.
Question three – for the bokkie watchers (a bottle of Nederburg Cuvee Brut from WWKoS)
What is the difference in size, appearance and feeding habits between the following two small antelopes in the photos?