We live in a water scares world! Don’t waste the precious water! Whether you’re a resident of our lovely village or a visitor please do your upmost to conserve our limited water supply.
We urge all residents to install water storage tanks. Rainwater is free and although limited at times it is a resource too valuable to waste; storing water helps reduce the pressure on the municipal water supply.
Report Municipal Water Leaks Mr Yoks Ntintili 071 423 7612
HELPFUL TIPS TO CONSERVE WATER
In the bathroom
- Keep a bucket in the shower. Catch the water and use it to flush loos or water plants.
- Take short showers! Don’t bath it uses too much water.
- Remove the plug from baths – essential for house rentals and guest houses
- Install water saving shower heads
- Turn the tap off during teeth brushing
- Flush loos only when necessary
In the kitchen
- Use pasta cooking water to water plants.
- Only use washing machines and dishwashers with full loads
- Don’t let the tap run when washing dishes
- Do less laundry
- Install grey water tanks
- Install water storage tanks to capture rain water
- Mend leaks immediately
- Monitor your water bill
- Never throw water down the drain as it can always be used again
- Use a broom not a hose
In the garden
- Shrink your lawn
- Mulch plants to avoid evaporation
- Plant succulents and water wise plants
- Use grey water to water your plants
- Don’t play with water
- If you really have to wash a car or boat use a bucket of water and a sponge.
Related articles from our blog
On Thursday, June 20, there was another three hour water meeting which was probably the most productive one so far.read more
Another meeting - another three hours - but that’s not to say three hours down the drain. There are some positive drops in this ocean! The fact that Amatola, Ndlambe, KOSRA and the Chamber of Business are all represented and working together is a major achievement. As...read more
Wow, have we had good rains in the past week, over a 100mm! All your storage tanks should be full by now. Plus we also had water on the Eskom upgrade day last Wednesday. What a great way to start autumn! Meetings with Amatola and Ndlambe continue but as they can...read more
KOSRA committee members have attended many ‘water meetings’ over the past months. The latest of which was held a couple of days ago with representation from Amatola Water, Ndlambe Municipality, Kenton Business Forum and others. There are short, medium and long term...read more
KOSRA, BRRAG and Kenton Chamber of Commerce have been in discussion with Ndlambe Municipality and Amatola regarding the dire water situation during the holiday season.read more
Subscribe to our free email newsletter
to receive our news posts